Winter Weddings at Kippure Estate
June may be the classic month for weddings, but late autumn and winter weddings are growing in popularity – and not without good reason…
A winter wedding can be truly romantic and magical! Imagine a winter wonderland with hundreds of pretty fairy lights, Christmas trees and other brightly-coloured winter floral decorations; crackling open log fires in a cosy lounge and the spicy zing of mulled wine. Quite simply, Kippure Estate offers the perfect ambience for an intimate winter wedding.
The backdrop of stunningly beautiful snow-capped mountains offers endless photo opportunities for capturing those first moments of your married life.
Some top tips for your winter wedding…
- Have you considered a Christmas wedding? It’s the most wonderful time of the year, your family is gathered around you, and the church is already decorated
- You can have all of your favourite food but add some winter touches like a hearty venison casserole or a warming carrot and ginger soup. Consider serving eggnog or mulled wine as special treats
- Greet your guests with a comforting hot chocolate as they enter the ceremony or reception room
- Embellish your cake with snowflake patterns, silver sparkles, or sugar sculptures
- Winter wedding flowers: silver and white can look wonderfully elegant, or celebrate the Christmas season with vibrant reds and greens
- Opt for eye-catching yet inexpensive centrepieces, featuring bright red cranberries in bowls, with floating candles
- From November to February (excluding the Christmas and New Year period), special winter rates are available on request.