Disc Golf: Ireland’s Latest Sporting Challenge at Kippure Estate
Disc Golf, an amazing new sport has arrived in County Wicklow! Find out more about this exciting sport at Kippure below…
What is Disc Golf?
It’s the latest sporting craze in Ireland, and you can play it right here at Kippure Estate!
It’s similar to traditional golf, but rather than using clubs and balls, you use a flying disc commonly known as a Frisbee™. As with golf, your challenge is to complete each hole on the course in the fewest number of strokes.
Disc Golf at Kippure Estate
We’re blessed when it comes to spectacular natural landscapes, which makes us the ideal venue for Disc Golf. At Kippure Estate, you and your family can enjoy a fun-filled round with the Wicklow Mountains as a stunning backdrop.
General Information & Cost:
- At present, you can enjoy a round of Disc Golf for €5 per person. A refundable deposit of €20 per disc will apply. We accept cash or credit card.
- The game can be played by anyone above the age of 6.
- The course is open daily, from 9am to 4pm (4pm last tee-off).
- Please come to reception to pay and to receive your disc.
- Call 01-458 2889 for further information.
Disc Golf Rules
- Safety and courtesy are important when playing. Mind plants, animals and other visitors; and only throw when the landing area is completely clear. Start from the teeing area between the two red posts. The player must throw from behind the front of the teeing area.
- Subsequent shots are played from behind the spot where the previous shot landed. This spot is known as the ‘lie’. If your disc lands in a tree or bush then the ‘lie’ is the spot on the ground directly below.
- A run-up and follow through are allowed, but the player must release the disc before stepping past the lie.
- A putt is a throw from within 10 metres of the target. When putting, you may not step past your lie until the disc lands. The hole is completed when the disc lands in the basket or chains.
- The hole is not completed if the disc comes to rest on top of the target.
- Please take all rubbish home with you!